Explore and expand your passions in a fun environment that is committed to a balance between work and life!
PHYSICAL THERAPIST: Capernaum Pediatric Therapy, Inc. has the following opportunity available for a positive, energetic PT who has a big heart for children! We are currently looking for an independent, organized, creative PT with a servant's heart! Our open position is approximately 24 hours per week and will be serving the metro community at large. The perfect candidate must enjoy independence, travel, and working with children and families in their homes! This position has potential to grow to full time, if desired.
ADMIN POSITION: PATIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR (FULL-TIME): As our Patient Services Coordinator, your responsibilities would be to assure that new families being served by Capernaum have a seamless and comfortable entry into our system by completing the initial patient intake, checking insurance eligibility and benefits, and obtaining physician's orders and prior authorizations as needed. In addition, you will greet families and collect copays; coordinate available services with therapists, case managers, and parents; assist therapists with maintaining timely paperwork and other systems questions; conduct general office duties including but not limited to answering phones, faxes, and meticulously maintaining electronic medical records; maintain the office in excellent working order; assist your supervisor as needed, and tackle other projects as they arise. Your hours would be 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday. The office has a small staff that meets the needs of over 250 families and 25 therapists.
A qualified candidate possesses:
- A joyful, calm, can-do attitude
- Qualities of honesty and integrity
- Outstanding communication, customer service, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple tasks at one time, be organized, and detail-oriented
- Previous clerical experience in a medical or customer service setting
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and understanding of privacy rules
- Previous computer experience with proficiencies in Microsoft Word and Excel as well as the ability to learn new applications and work processes
- Good prioritization and data entry skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in person and on the phone
- Dependability and desire to be a team player
- Flexibility with assignments and ability to perform a wide variety of front desk functions
Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with supervisor and others
- Previous experience with health insurance
- Online scheduling and EMR experience
- Knowledge and understanding of organization's mission and philosophy
- Proven ability to learn new job skills
- Ability to interpret physician orders
- Ability to communicate and work with diverse patients
Experience with multiple computer programs
Capernaum Pediatric Therapy offers competitive salary and benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and opportunity for growth.
If you would like to be part of this dynamic, growing team, please send your resume to: BonnaO@capernaumpeds.com or mail it to Capernaum Pediatric Therapy, Inc., 6625 Lyndale Ave S, Suite 430, Richfield, MN 55423-2373.
Capernaum Pediatric Therapy, Inc. has been one of the leading providers of pediatric services in the greater Twin Cities metro area since 1981. Our outstanding pediatric OTs, PTs, and SLPs have built an exemplary reputation for us! Capernaum offers a challenging and rewarding work environment where professional expertise and growth are nurtured, integrity and family are valued, and all staff and clients are treated with respect! Explore and expand your passions in a fun environment that is committed to a balance between work and life. Capernaum's motto is: "Helping families find joy in their journey by serving children where they live, learn, and play!"
Why Work With Capernaum?
Join a team of people who take great delight in identifying the challenges of how to best serve children and their families through:
- Collaborative and supportive relationships among staff that encourage professional and personal growth
- Mentorship program for all employees...from new grads to seasoned therapists
- Play-based therapy
- Best practice/evidenced-based therapy
Experience: Our practice has provided exemplary pediatric PT, OT, and SLP services in the Twin Cities since 1981. Capernaum has earned an outstanding reputation in the pediatric community! In 2015, 94% of caregivers ranked our services as "Excellent" or "Above Average". Caregivers reported that therapy was beneficial for their child with an average approval rating of 4.72 out of 5. At discharge, 82% of caregivers reported that they felt their life was "A very great deal better," "A great deal better," "Quite a bit better," or "Moderately better" following therapy! Here is a sample of what families are saying about us:
- "This has been an awesome experience! We are thinking of moving all of our (therapy) treatment to Capernaum!"
- "Capernaum is different than others because of the professionalism and education of its therapists, and it's faith-based. Everyone is fantastic!"
- "Capernaum has put so much more joy and fun into our lives than I ever would have imagined!"
- "We have continually been amazed with services and genuine caring from all the therapists and staff at Capernaum!"
- "My son's therapist is an angel! She's opened him up like none other."
- "It feels good to come into an environment where my kids aren't the only ones with lots of energy and where our children love to come!"
- "We would not hesitate to recommend Capernaum to anyone."
- "We are so happy to be a part of Capernaum. Our daughter's therapist is wonderful and makes her feel so welcome and safe!"
CHARACTER: Capernaum therapists are hand-picked for their servants' hearts. They are honest, positive, generous, creative, and kind to one another, as well as families and kids. They have amazing work ethics! Capernaum therapists are a delightful combination of professionalism and FUN!!!! People keep asking us, "Where did you find such amazing people?!!" Our therapists enjoy their work, feel appreciated, and tend to stay on with Capernaum for a long time!
Variety: Capernaum provides therapy services in a variety of settings including:
- Schools (public, charter, private, and outpatient clinics within private schools)
- Community settings (Northside Child Development Center, and The Family Partnership, and Southside Family Nurturing Center)
- Specialized programs in the community, e.g. Adapted Dance
Benefits: (Eligibility is based on hours worked)
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term Disability (employee paid)
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Continuing Education
- 401(k) Plan
Professional Growth: Each year Capernaum offers opportunities to employees to encourage professional growth by sponsoring nationally-known continuing education speakers and offering in-house training. Experience is also gained as a result of our mentorship program and excellent collaboration amongst our therapists.
Unique Opportunities: Capernaum takes part in fun and unique opportunities to serve in the community, which have included Climb for a Cure to Cystic Fibrosis, Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) events, packaging meals for Feed My Starving Children, collecting supplies for the Haitian Boys Soccer Teams at the USA Cup, and a Capernaum Fun Run/Walk, which benefited families of disabled children who were struggling financially! Families we serve are often sponsored in exciting, heart-warming ways at the beginning of the school year and at Christmas.
If you have general questions regarding employment opportunities or benefits, please contact Bonna Olson at 952-285-2840 or BonnaO@capernaumpeds.com.