Explore and expand your passions in a fun environment that is committed to a balance between work and life.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST: Capernaum Pediatric Therapy is seeking a full-time Occupational Therapist to serve one day/week in a community site in Golden Valley and four days/week in a southwest metro area charter school beginning the fall of 2022. Each setting has its own focus and unique student body culture in which Capernaum seeks to engage to maximize the benefit to each student served. The perfect candidate must be experienced, flexible, organized, and creative; licensed with the State of MN, and have a big heart for kids! Benefits are offered. Please send your resume to AlisonB@capernaumpeds.com.
- Occupational Therapy degree from an accredited program
- Licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health as an occupational therapist
- National Board of Certified Occupational Therapist (NBCOT) designation
- Previous experience, fieldwork, or internship in Pediatric or Developmental Occupational Therapy preferred
- Ability to reliably commute between buildings/locations as needed
- A passion for education and working with students to impact lives
- Support diverse learners through initial evaluations, direct and indirect treatment, consultation, and individual and group sessions to treat students with varying degrees of impairments
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to identify and provide treatment recommendations for students who require special education interventions within a time-sensitive period
- Work closely with the Special Education Coordinator in the identification of proposed IEP goals and treatment plans for each student
- Serve as the resident expert to school staff members regarding the role of occupational therapy and occupational therapy interventions
- Collect and analyze data related to school improvement, student outcomes, and accountability requirements
- Support teachers and families in identifying ways to differentiate instruction to provide increased opportunities for student engagement
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to HIPAA legislation and other patient privacy laws
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families, and colleagues
- Have proficiency in computer software commonly used for documentation and report preparation
- Commitment to supporting and empowering students with diverse backgrounds, including an understanding of at-risk children, gifted children, and children with disabilities
- Possess effective decision-making, managerial, communication, and organizational skills
- Accountability and attention to detail are essential when handling and documenting important medical information
SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST (Charter School): Capernaum has an open Speech-Language Pathologist position for someone who enjoys working with children to cover a full-time maternity leave beginning August 22, 2022 through January 1, 2023 at a charter school in Maple Grove, MN. This is a temporary position, however after the maternity leave is completed, there may be options for additional hours in other settings. The perfect candidate must be a team player, a great communicator, and compassionate. Must have an education license (MDE). 1-2 years of experience preferred.
SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST (Charter Schools): Capernaum seeks a full-time Speech-Language Pathologist to serve in three metro area charter schools in Minneapolis and northern suburbs (travel time is included between schools) beginning in the fall of 2022. Each school has its own focus and unique student body culture in which Capernaum seeks to engage to maximize the benefit to each student served. The perfect candidate must be a team player and great communicator, compassionate, and enjoy working with children! Dual licensure (MDH and MDE) is required. 1-2 years of experience is preferred. Benefits are offered.
If you would like to be part of our dynamic, growing team, please email your resume to: AlisonB@capernaumpeds.com.
Helping families find joy in their journey by serving children where they live, learn, and play!
Capernaum offers competitive salary and benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and opportunity for growth.
Capernaum has been one of the leading providers of pediatric services in the greater Twin Cities metro area since 1981. Our outstanding pediatric OTs, PTs, and SLPs have built an exemplary reputation for us! Capernaum offers a challenging and rewarding work environment where professional expertise and growth are nurtured, integrity and family are valued, and all staff and clients are treated with respect. Explore and expand your passions in a fun environment that is committed to a balance between work and life.
Why Work With Capernaum?
Join a team of people who take great delight in identifying the challenges of how to best serve children and their families through:
- Collaborative and supportive relationships among staff that encourage professional and personal growth
- Mentorship program for all employees…from new grads to seasoned therapists
- Play-based therapy
- Best practice/evidenced-based therapy
CHARACTER: Capernaum therapists are hand-picked for their servants’ hearts. They are honest, positive, generous, creative, and kind to one another, as well as to families and kids. They have amazing work ethics. Capernaum therapists are a delightful combination of professionalism and FUN!! People keep asking us, “Where did you find such amazing people?!” Our therapists enjoy their work, feel appreciated, and tend to stay on with Capernaum for a long time!
VARIETY: Capernaum provides therapy services in a variety of settings including:
- Schools (public, charter, private, and outpatient clinics within private schools)
- Community settings (e.g., Northside Child Development Center, The Family Partnership, and Southside Family Nurturing Center)
- Specialized programs in the community (e.g., Adapted Dance)
BENEFITS: (Eligibility is based on hours worked)
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term Disability (employee paid)
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Continuing Education
- 401(k) Plan
If you have general questions regarding employment opportunities or benefits, please contact Bonna Olson at 952-285-2840 or BonnaO@capernaumpeds.com.
Click below to learn more about individual therapist qualifications.