Feeding and Nutrition
Capernaum offers feeding and nutrition services in our clinic!
Family-centered nutrition services improve the quality of life, growth, and development of children, especially children with diagnoses that have a significant impact on how or what they can eat.
Our pediatric dietitian allows us to better serve children with a variety of needs, including:
- Feeding tube management: Capernaum’s Tube Weaning Program works collaboratively with physicians, our speech therapist, and a registered dietitian, to assess where the child is in the tube feeding process, work with the family on optimizing tube feedings, help with blended diets, and if appropriate, assist with weaning off the tube.
- Celiac Disease
- Failure to Thrive/Underweight, Limited Food Choices
- Food Allergies
- High Blood
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Lactose/Fructose Intolerance (FODMAP elimination diet/low FODMAP)
- Pre-diabetes/Insulin Resistance
- Vegetarian/Vegan Diet
We offer feeding programs such as direct therapy and nutrition therapy as well as feeding tube weaning and/or feeding tube optimization.